Monday, June 20, 2005

X&Y

I was listening to the album today and came to the conclusion that it's much better than the previous two. Don't get me wrong, I loved them both, no matter how depressed they made me feel. But this one is really...beautiful.
Personally, it's great that I'm loving the songs more and more each album that comes out; it's like writers and musicians: they always prefer their latest work. And, as the critics appreciate the album, it's gotta be positive and it means that they're developing and improving even more.
Some recurrent themes in the songs:
- you never know something until you've tried...(that's good advice!)
- I have a feeling that you're gonna leave me (must be really stressful being married to Gwyneth Paltrow)
- the future is always there and it seems a bit frightening
- anyway, I'll take care of you (aww, that's sweet :)

Well, I really like it and some songs make me feel really emotional ;´( What about 'a message'? great great song. Ok, I'll stop now.


"But you mean more to me than any colour I can see" - Low - This reminds me of Yellow and it's like saying ' I was a kid when I wrote yellow, now everthing means much more to me'

No comments: