Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Cool



Gwen Stefani's new video for "Cool" captured my attention like a film: it's got so much colour, wonderful sequences and a story that truly reflects the theme of the song. I'd heard the song before, I thought it was okay (I like the theme: remaining friends with an ex and then meeting his new girlfriend - the twists and turns of life) but it really come to life with the video. Of course, Gwen Stefani would do anything to try a new style and this time she's in Italy, in the fifties, and the scenery is magnificent. I wondered if she would punch the new girlfriend in the video or something like that but it didn't came to that. Nevertheless, it's a great video that made me want to see Italian movies and gave me a chance to see Gwen with a new hair colour (brown) - pink suited her better. :)

2 comments:

Valerene said...

in my country there's this radio station called hitz.fm, and they've made a game out of gwen's song "cool". someone who's attached will call in and give the dj the phone number of his/her ex, and will let the dj call him/her up, to find out how cool this person is with his/her ex. it's like playing pranks on the ex, to see if they get pissed off and to test if they are really cool with their ex!

nice song. i love hollaback girl!

Devil Mood said...

Oh, I hate that kind of prank! :P I think people from radio stations have nothing better to do with their lives than getting into other people's businesses. I'd be really mad if they did that to me.