Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Taking a quick break

I needed to search a few medical weird terms in the internet, so I'm taking a little break. I was thinking about the wisdom we can find in cheesy pop songs. I was studying and listening to those night shows on the radio with all those Cindy Laupers and Housemartins. They played The Greatest Love of All from Whitney Houston...and with a title like this it's easy to think it's going to be all romantic and stuff BUT it's a song about self-esteem. I think it's quite praisable that someone decided to write a song about loving your self and saying things like: "I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadow, If I fail, if I succeed, at least I'll live as I believe". Bravo :)

5 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Yes, that's true. Not the greatest love but perhaps the most basic...because if you're not okay with yourself, you can't be okay with others. It's a very egotistic song, no doubt about it.

Valerene said...

i gotta agree with you devil mood. there are so many songs about the depressing things in life, so there needs to be some ego or self-esteem-boosting song as well :) the voice within by christina aguilera is also a good one.

Devil Mood said...

Valerene: I don't think I know that song but, since you mentioned her, Beautiful is also a good example :)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Seroquel anxiety Black christan dating service in england Free spam blocker and Home kitchen appliances Worrals furniture and appliances Backpackers travel insurance uk Julian ford geraldine pearson

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »