Friday, January 06, 2006

Suddenly I see


I really like KT Tunstall's album, despite having read the most awful critiques about it. On the other hand there were also some really good reviews so I've come to the conclusion that you should listen to the songs yourself and forget about the critiques. I hate music critics. When are people going to realize that music is subjective and that no-one gives a toss if an artist is creative or innovative as long as the music means and makes them feel something? At least I know I don't.

Anyway, I was listening to the album and this song is very uplifting:
"Suddenly I see
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see
Why the hell it means so much to me" - I can't wait for the day when I can sing this and mean it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Music IS so subjective. I trust musicians I like and my own friends (admittedly, a bunch of music geeks, and a former critic among them)for music recommendations. I do have to admit I check the best of year to see how many critic's favorite's I've agreed with.

Devil Mood said...

Stephanie: I do that too and I read music recommendations as well; but when I don't agree with them I ignore it and think that critics are fools.

Steve: It's probably a myth but I believe that things become at least clearER. But, anyway, I think it's not that nice when things become too clear - unless everything is PINK and it usually isn't.