Sunday, January 01, 2006

What do I want of 2006?

(I signed my name on the dinner table yesterday, with little blue stars)

Now, there's a question!
Lately I've noticed that I don't really know what I want to do, especially when looking at the future (at the present moment, I'm happy just "not working"). Last night when I was thinking of my wishes for the new year, that issue became very real because I thought of a couple of things but then I got distracted by the confusion around me and I couldn't really think of wishes for 2006, to make as I was eating my raisins (it's a tradition here to eat 12 raisins, one for each month, when it's midnight and make wishes for the new year).
Can you think of anything stranger? It's quite funny. When I came home, I remembered.."I never finished making my wishes, I just ate the raisins". lol
I wish I had the time and the mental state to write, that could be one of my wishes. But do I really want to write? I have no ideas lately and everything I write ends up the same...

Today I got a little out of my (lately usual) numbness and I got emotional over songs, like I used to. Elton John does it for me, it really depresses me but I love it. Then I heard Tori Amos' Baker Baker:
"Time, thought I'd make friends with time
Thought we'd be flying
Maybe not this time
Baker baker baking a cake
Make me a day, make me whole again" - that touched a nerve too.
What do I want? What do I want? :) Maybe I can find that out this year.

5 comments:

fb said...

Hi,

Thank you for dropping by my Blog, I'm going to keep ann eye your progress this year.

Anonymous said...

this was the first year ever that I could make 12 wishes. I think I forgot one essential thing, but as it crossed my mind (even if just for half a second, between the 6th and the 7th wishes)I hope it comes true.

Devil Mood said...

Steve: I feel like I'm drifting a little, or maybe a lot. We're already in the 2nd half of this decade, can you believe it? And what have I done? Not much...but there's no point in dwelling on it. Don't dwell on it yourself.

FB: you're welcome. I shall keep an eye on your blog as well.

Catarina: Don't worry, I'm sure the gods of the wishes were paying attention. I'm glad you had a lot of wishes, it means you have passion within you.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »