Friday, February 10, 2006

Gosford Park

I watched this film yesterday and I loved it. I thought it would be a little boring but it's very entertaining. First you have to learn the names of all the characters, which takes up the first half of the film; then you have to guess who the murderer is. In terms of the crime this isn't an Agatha Christie novel, it's quite predictable if you're watching attentively. But it's interesting in terms of their interactions, the way the maids are called by name of their bosses, the way they live their lifes through the "upstairs" people. I never watched that series "Upstairs, Downstairs" but I guess it's similar in that way. It also reminded me of the Poirot, Miss Marple, etc series that I really enjoy.

8 comments:

Steve House said...

I had to study that book as part of my degree. It may be entertaining to watch but its boring as hell to study

Stephanie said...

I liked this movie a lot.

Also, the hot chocolate recipe was cool. We're supposed to have (maybe) lots and lots of snow this weekend. If there is a banana and yogurt in it, it's healthy, right? :)

Devil Mood said...

Laura: that's a good idea. I'd watch it again tonight, but that would be a little crazy, even for me ;)

Esuoh: I can imagine, anything you have to read mandatorily is dead boring. I guess you can't have good memories of it. I didn't know there was a book.

Stephanie: At least it comes in a book that says "eat healthily". It should be really great for cold days. I think I'll try it this weekend too. :)

Pepsicology said...

Oh yes, like old times where Agatha Christie and Poirot's episodes where every other day on TV. Maybe the media is not that keen now in the public using the brain too much...

Devil Mood said...

Omara: sometimes the portuguese TV shows some of those episodes, those really good BBC productions. It's lovely :) But you're right, they don't want us to think at all..

x said...

i liked Gosford Park. And i thought the actors were fantastic.
I tried a new hot chocolate recipe with just chocolate and water and a teaspoon of maple syrup. it was good but you can't have lots of it. you'll die of chocoshock. But i'm a hardcore chocoholic.

Devil Mood said...

Chloe: lol chocoshock, that sound funny. Yes, it does seem a little "heavy". You need to control your daily doses ;)

Devil Mood said...

Madelyn: I will probably see it again as well :)