Friday, February 17, 2006

Some more moaning about work

After the week I've had, 2 days of weekend don't seem near enough for me to get my energies back. I'm so tired, I needed a week off to recuperate. Work, boring classes, stress, having to walk everywhere because the bus routes changed and I have no bus to take me anywhere and, believe it or not, raining! It's been raining a lot today and tomorrow there's even a red alert due to strong winds and big waves. I'm happy because the rain is really needed but when you have to walk around it's not very comfortable.
I have so much to do, I don't even have time to think about the Blog project, which is, by far, the most interesting thing I have to do. All this working doesn't provide any interesting experiences for me to write about here.
One of these days, I wondered if there was a time when there wasn't a song in my head. I also seem to be singing something in my head, whether I want it or not, and sometimes I wish I could shut that "radio" off. I must notice if there is ever a silence inside :)

7 comments:

Maddy said...

There is an interesting
observation...when is the closest
you get to silence...I get that
in yoga and meditation - which
I do very early in the morning.
Even your quiet relections are
interesting in this blog however.

Smiles!

Maddy said...

REFLECTIONS!!! (sorry)

Chloe said...

that sucks. but maybe you can find some comfort in the knowledge that there is a wave of misery going around and we participate too.
as a friend wrote in an email last night nothing stays the same and things will brighten up for us. xx

DayByDay4-2Day said...

I say sit down and change your focus. FInd the good things that are going on right now. When we look at things different we see them different.

Devil Mood said...

Madelyn: Meditation is probably the best way to get that silence but unfortunately for me I only try it when I'm desperate - to relax or to fall asleep. But I really should practice more.

Chloe: I wonder why everyone is a little miserable. It's probably some astrological conjunction...I'm just hoping I can live through March - very big month with too much to do - then I'll be better, I promise ;)

Day: That's the tricky part but if I make an effort I can see things differently :)

Stephanie said...

I've been facing the same thing about working :(

I don't think it's a bad thing to have a song in your head all the time (I do too) but also think yoga is a good way to have a bit of peace in an otherwise crazy world.

Devil Mood said...

Stephanie: I was never into the idea of winning the lotttery and nver working again but right now that doesn't sound so bad ;)