Sunday, February 05, 2006

True Sun-day

(this is what Porto looks like at sunset, seen from the other side of the bridge. My camera is still not working)
It's still sunny and warm, giving Sunday the real meaning of the word. On Sundays my street slows down a lot, there are barely no cars passing, no constructions around, the neighbours don't go in and out of the building so often...it all gets really calm. All you can hear are the birds flying around and even the bells of churches far, far away. This afternoon I listened to the shoes of a woman on the pavement meters and meters away, right at the end of the street. You can even forget that you're in the middle of the city.
For those who wake
With a blind headache
Who must be still
Who will sit and wait
For sunday, to be monday
Yeah, it will be ok
Do nothing today
Give yourself a break
Let your imagination run away
For those with guilt
For those who wilt
Under pressure
No tears over spilt milk - Sunday by Sia

8 comments:

Husker Du said...

Where is this place? hometown?

Devil Mood said...

Yes! You saw the post without the text, sorry, I was just testing. It's Porto, as you can see now :)

Cathy said...

Porto looks beautiful, and I could take a warm day...

fb said...

Not happy...I hate Chelski!

Porto looks kinda cool...

Valerene said...

hey. very nice poem. let your imagination run away...mine always does. not on sundays only. which makes me a lousy daydreamer eh?? :P

x said...

Porto looks fantastic. It must be wonderful. My sister was there a couple of years ago and she dreams about it still. You are a lucky Devil.

Devil Mood said...

Cathy: you sure deserve a sunny sunday. Hopefully soon :)

FB: I'm not surprised...Chelski can be annoyingly efficient. Even I was a little upset, it's horribly frustrating to the other teams :/

Valerene: That's how it should be: daydream a little every day :)

Chloe: It's nice but it's also dirty and chaotic at times. I'm just saying so you don't get unrealistic expectations, in case you visit someday.

Devil Mood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.