Tuesday, January 08, 2008

first video of 2008


Yeah, new is good. It's great. But sometimes you have to go back to 1995, Valentine's Day, you know? That's when Hole recorded their MTV Unplugged.

This song (Drown Soda) is single-handedly responsible for me wanting to play the guitar. I don't play it, I never actually learned how (I lack the discipline and the patience to play anything apart from flute) but it was nice to try and to pretend I did.

I remember being 12 or 13 years old, coming home from school and listening to this record every single day! It was a bit intense for that age, I must say. But is there a better way to release teenage angst than listening to Courtney scream/sing when you can't scream yourself?

This is a classic in my imaginary list of classics. And I love her crazy hair. :)

5 comments:

Niall young said...

Ms Love looks good in this clip..a bit like Stevie nicks...No matter what you ability on the guitar..you could master this one!

Preeti Shenoy said...

Wow--you play the flute! I always admire anyone who can play any kind of musical instrument.(It is one thing I cannot do--although I did try to learn as an adult)
I like almost all the videos you post here.Liked this one too.

Devil Mood said...

Niall: I don't knooow...me and guitars don't match, I've learnt through the years...

PS: Almost every kid in Portugal learns to play flute at school, it's not a big deal. It's the easiest instrument. I've learnt a little piano too but gave up. I'm not very instrumental ;P

Stephanie said...

Isn't it weird how she got all that plastic surgery, and now just pretty much looks like this again?

Devil Mood said...

Steph, I haven't seen her very recently but the last time I saw her she looked much worse than this! At least, back then, she had a "doll face", to quote her ;)