Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Venus as the muse - Aries


Let's see if all this craze makes any sense on paper.

I shall start with the Fire signs (because they're the best - nooo, kidding!). Check here to see if you have Venus in Aries or other fire sign.

Having Venus in Fire signs (Aries, Leo or Sagittarius) brings a lot of enthusiasm, energy, idealism to our approach to love. Being very concerned with ideals, aiming very high, sights on the future and in fantasy, love is certainly not boring or stationed, but the material things may be disregarded. Venus in Fire probably forgets birthdays, doesn't buy you chocolates or help you with the laundry...but you're certainly a part of the most exhilarating fantasy that's going on on his/her mind.


On to Venus in Aries - as I've mentioned, the most popular result in my songwriters research. Funnily enough none of the 10 singers with this position has an Aries Sun (this is rare since Venus never goes 45º further from the Sun, which is sign and a half). Anyway, most of them are Pisces.


Venus in Aries is impulsive and has a hard time controlling its enthusiasm, so frequently they'll fall in love at first sight. Bob Marley recognized in his song "I don't wanna wait in vain for your love" - From the very first time I rest my eyes on you, girl, My heart says follow through.

Janet Jackson knows it all too well and so she sings (I can't believe I had to browse through J.Jackson's lyrics neither!): I'm scared to fall in love, Afraid to love so fast, 'Cause every time I fall in love, it seems to never last.


Hmmm...now why does that happen?

Jewel replies: There is this hunger, this restless inside of me / There's this feeling I thought I had to get going, got too scary, got too big, got to get out of here.


The truth is that Aries love needs a certain amount of agitation, change, challenge to keep the flame alive. Jewel probably felt trapped at some point. (Stina Nordenstam would say that even a little trouble is a good thing - "I guess it's true what my sister said, when it's all fine it is just a bore")

They like novelty, new experiences, so they'll be extremely enthusiastic while they're hunting a new love interest. In fact, we may even say that the thrill of the hunt is what they like most about love.


What happens when we love to hunt and like a challenge? We search for the unobtainable person! He/She is the one that we love the most, we can't have him/her but OH, if we did...And so they pine for someone they can't have.

Stina Nordenstam has the best description: I know that I can't have you I know that you'll never be mine I know that and that's why I choose you 'Cause this is real life

Stevie Wonder laments on his lovely song "My Cherie Amour" - In a cafe or sometimes on a crowded street I've been near you, but you never noticed me; You're the only one my heart beats for, How I wish that you were mine.

Janet Jackson has a song called He Doesn't Even Know That I'm Alive. The title says it all.

Chris Martin from Coldplay wrote Shiver about an unobtainable girl (word has is that is was about Natalie Imbruglia): So I look in your direction and you pay me no attention ... He goes on to say: From the moment I wake to the moment I sleep, I'll be there by your side just you try and stop me.

Aries is persistent, I'll give you that. Because they're driven by those idealistic views of love, love that conquers all. Like Jewel, who sings: Fill your lives with love and bravery and you shall lead a life uncommon.

(bravery being all about Aries; it's in fact a term used intensively by Jewel).


Do they get disappointed?

Well I wanted to touch what I saw with my eyes Don't try to reach the moon if you don't wanna realise (Stina N. again)

Yes, often. That's what J.Jackson was saying in the beginning, it never lasts. Well, it's not that bad, it can last, if the person recognizes the human behind their perfect love fantasy, aknowldges its faults and individuality. Easier said than done!


Most of the time, the man with Venus in Aries believes himself as the original Knight in shining armour and his romantic interest is a Lady, who surely, needs to be protected and rescued. Sometimes they are blind to the fact that the Lady doesn't want to be rescued, they are blind to the actual woman in front of them, fantasising about the Ideal Female.

Even Bob Marley felt for that idea of Courtly Love on No, Woman no Cry. He tells her not to cry and tries to reassure her - My feet is my only carriage And so I've got to push on through. But while I'm gone, everything's gonna be all right!

Chris Martin - But I promise you this, I’ll always look out for you, that’s what I’ll do.

But it's not just the men! Listen to Shakira (or don't, it's up to you): Castillos, princesas, que ironia, al fin al cabo fantasiasmi principe azul, mi poesia, no estaba lejos de mi vidayo presentia que tu vendrias, que te amaria hasta el finalyo tenia un mundo de ilusiones, en el que te guarde un lugar [Castles, princesses, the irony, in the end fantasies, My blue prince, my poetry, wasn't far from my life; I felt you would come, that I would love you to the end, I had a world of illusions, where I kept a place for you].
She seems pretty aware of what is going on with her heart.
Enya also has Venus in Aries and her songs are extremely romantic and resembling the courtly love of past centuries.

Venus in Aries adds a lot of independence and willfullness to women, she won't be submissive and will stamp her foot when things don't go her way, even though she might dream about being rescued by the Knight.

Do you have Venus in Aries? Does your loved One? What do you say?

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen and enjoyed your comments on all The Froth posts so I finally had to see what you're about. You write well! I have interest in both astrology and folks in the music biz so I was especially glued to the end of your 1/16 post. Looks like I have Venus in Pisces and my significant other has Venus in Capricorn. I stamp my foot plenty, though!!! Anyway, I only had time for one of your posts today but will be back for more if you don't mind! Thanks for the peek.

kimananda said...

This is really interesting. Were all these written by the one singing, or were there songwriters in the background with equivalent firey Venus signs?

Devil Mood said...

MissAlister: Oh I'm so pleased! Thank you for the visit and for your time, since this is a long post :)
I'm hoping to get to all the Venus signs in time, so I'll let you know when I've written the posts that could interest you most :)

Kim: All the mentioned lyrics are from songwriters with Venus in Aries - is that what you were asking? (I made sure the singers had written each song and not sang versions).

Anonymous said...

I like your interplay of the signs, human motivations, and song emotions!

Devil Mood said...

Jason: Thank you!! I enjoyed writing it but it feels even better if other people like it too! :)

Niall young said...

It seems as if you had a lot of fun composing this post!?..Lyrics are a great 'window'to the artist. As for Shakira..I suggest instead of her voice, you listen to her hips as they always tell the truth! (she'd be great in a pub quiz team )

Violet said...

Wow, you put alot of work into this! A real investigation here :)

I've been trying to find out NAtasha's Bedingfield venus sign cause from her music it sounds very arian! Very fiery at least,she's a sagitarius, but I just found she has venus in capricorn like me. I love her song writing. I wonder about dave matthews. :) I've done his chart but just remember he's a cappy.

I used to have karma with venus in aries, they square my venus, so we're working at cross purposes, it's quite tragic. My boyfriend has venus in leo though, I'm curious about your post on them!
Could you post the composers sun sign if it's not too much trouble? I'm curious! And maybe they're mercury position. :P

Devil Mood said...

Niall: LOL yes,hips don't lie! haha!

Violet: Yes, I was checking Natasha for you and, yes Venus in Capricorn, trine Mars, square Saturn and Pluto - hey, another one with strong aspects!
I included Dave Matthews in my research, he has Venus in Aquarius!

Venus in Leo will be next - lots of drama queens there :)
I will try to add the Sun sign (I'm just afraid it will be too much information in one post; the mercury sign I'll leave behind because I didn't register that and I'd have to see the 76 charts again!) :P

kimananda said...

Yep, that was what I was asking...not because I didn't think that was the case. More because it could be cool to do some synastry on charts of songwriter/singer combinations. So for example, what conspires to make Elton John singing Bernie Taupin's lyrics so successful?

Devil Mood said...

Kim, that's an interesting issue. Probably a good Mercury connection between the two - one's creation and communication is well expressed by the other. Possibly some 10th house connections too,bringing things into public. ;P

Niall young said...

I forgot to say..what gorgeous paintings you've chosen to illustrate your posts!

Anonymous said...

very interesting...my comment got eaten! I posted yesterday...

Devil Mood said...

Niall: I Googled them :)

Chrispito: Maybe blogger was hungry!

x said...

i actually have venus in aries but I always remember birthdays and i always buy presents. i must have the planet that deals with the sensitivity chip of our hardware somewhere better it seems. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.
:P

Devil Mood said...

Chloe: Of course you do :) You are Pisces after all, extremely sensitive to the world around you.

Anonymous said...

your soal is so deep.

Devil Mood said...

Day: I hope you mean soul, the dictionary says soal is a dirty pond - if a dirty pond is deep I could be in danger ;)

Anonymous said...

You astrologers and your lingo! I only have a sketch of each of the zodiac sign characteristics in my mind. I study everyone I meet and have built a little mental data base that way... So yes! Even though I love your site and visit daily if I can, just in case, I'd love for you to clue me in on anything you write that a Pisces has just gotta know!

Unknown said...

ahhh you are making me reveal way too much about myself this focus on venus! i do not begin romantic pursuits easily, but they are all consuming, every breath, every moment of the day when they exist for me. what more do i say than that?!

Novel

Devil Mood said...

Missalister: That's the best way to learn Astrology, by getting to know the people around us, so you're on the right track. As I promised, I will warn you when Venus in Pisces and Capricorn comes up and anything else :)

Novel: If you're revealing yourself, then this was worth it, as you're usually very mysterious ;) Yes, with Mars in Cancer your inniative is not very impulsive, but you certainly love intensely :)

Preeti Shenoy said...

Really interesting..Funnily no one close to me has venus in aries.And oh yes--fire signs ARE the best!:-)

Devil Mood said...

PS: Thanks! To have Venus in Aires one has to be either Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus or Gemini - and that's a lot of signs already ;P

Preeti Shenoy said...

Oh ok--so the only fire sign that can have a venus is aries is Aries itself.
Am waiting for your post of Venus is saggitarius.(which i presume is next) as I know someone who has it. :-)

Devil Mood said...

PS: Exactly, because Venus never gets more than 45 degrees away from the Sun. Yes, Sagittarius will be next :)

Anonymous said...

HaHA. Im arian - geminian also astrologer (advanced) as a semi-profession. You know what? My extasy is to treat people hard, is to seduce women hard. Is the way to use a head to smash (man), to seduce woman or to play with a dogs (also hiting them). Anyway Arian Venus as I receive it is sheer animal, independent, straightforward but... in fact so so friendly. When I smash another man with my forehead is because: I wanna treat you shortest possible why to wave hands unneccesarily when one unexpected bang of the head will knock you down :) Think Im definitely not to be sedeced. thats me who choose, chase and play to get my victim. Simplest the life, sex, decisions, points of view - the better

Anonymous said...

hello "Devil Moon"

Add to your Aires=Venue songwriters list the MASTER of heartbreak and love....ROY ORBISON

Devil Mood said...

Anon: I didn't get the chance to read his lyrics but thank you for the suggestion! I like his songs.

Anonymous said...

I have Venus in Aries and most of the characteristics you described hold; I am very straightforward, I've been uncannily brave in my life and made some really bold choices. I lived in several different countries and nearly died once. I am extremely competitive and live to achieve.
Love-wise, yes, I can be aroused by emotions very suddenly [and am extremely idealistic about the object of my desire] only to have these feelings pass as suddenly. This is normally followed by disappointment.
I also absolutely hate game playing [and evasiveness] and don't know how some women can possibly like this. Two things that didn't really work out for me as a Venus in Aries: many people are put off by the emotional "suddeness" of my reactions and sheer excitement I often show. So I had to learn to level myself. This was hard but really effective.
Second, I found that men don't really like the strong and independent me. So I willfully change this too. To turn into a bohemian kind of girl who tries to be kinder and sweeter but is burning up inside, with all that fire never showing. Seriously, men may like feisty girls but only as long as this is sexual.
Otherwise, put on your aprons, show your pearly whites and learn how to make carrot cakes. Maybe some day I'll find a strong men, unafraid of the real me.

Devil Mood said...

Anonymous: Hey, thanks for leaving a comment. Oh, I do wish you find someone like that. It simply isn't feasible to live pretending to be something we're not, right? I would think, yes, most men are threatened by your directness, but it is their challenge to learn to live with that, not yours. So good luck!

Anonymous said...

You are so right. I am a Venus in Aries plagued by the tendency to fall in love with people I cannot have, who either live far away, move in different social circles, are much older than me .. you name it.. I don't know how to break this, it sometimes feels Venus in Aries is more a burden than fun and liberating.

Devil Mood said...

Anonymous: you have my honest sympathy. The truth is some Venuses are easier to live with than others, that's probably why some are considered "in detriment" while others are "exalted". Venus in Aries is one of those considered in detriment because it's not easy for a planet like Venus to express the Arian energies, so aggressive and energetic. But it's not impossible to deal with it, I'm sure in time you'll find better ways to handle it. Good luck!

Ingrid said...

Graham Coxon, Blur's guitarist who has Sun in Pisces and Venus in Aries: I'm not very aggressive, no... I'm very sensitive and yet aggression for me is very attractive."

Devil Mood said...

Ingrid, that's an excellent quote for that Sun-Venus combination! I love Graham and Blur. Thank you so much for leaving this comment, made my day :)

Ingrid said...

:) You can also watch it on youtube for a greater authenticity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHiUzOmyfSY

Devil Mood said...

Ingrid: That was hilarious! Thank you for sending me. That's the most extroverted I've ever seen Graham "Cheryl". hahaa I remember that shirt from some photo shots. :)

Unknown said...

I am a pisces with venus in aries and I can't never be on cloud nine for long everytime I fall for somebody I find out they wasn't what I thought they was and when I feel like I got to compete with someone to win over another person's affection I get irritable because I hate to lose or when I know I have a crush on someone and they don't want me back I try to keep in contact with them or stay friends knowing im crushing hard for them hoping someday they will change their mind I have that problem now I have a crush on a few of my male friends venus in aries is the worst placement because its like love is never meant to last or be found

Devil Mood said...

Hi Keisha,
I would tell you to be patient but I guess impatience is what Venus in Aries doesn't have in the first place, right? But don't despair, it will happen when it's right. Try to enjoy the good parts of having a crush and then, perhaps when you least expect it, it will become more than that.