Sunday, July 03, 2005

Live8 again


It would be unfair and ridiculous even to choose a best moment from the Live8 gigs yesterday.
But personally what got me most emotional was when Pink Floyd played "Wish You Were Here". Their whole performance was incredible. I can't remember such a huge musical moment for a long time...maybe forever.
Will Smith gave a great contribution to my running tears in the afternoon. :) He did it really well: he didn't just remind people of what they were doing over there, he insisted and he certainly got people thinking.
Musically, there were many, many brilliant moments. Unfortunately I didn't see all of those that were transmitted because the portuguese television kept making conversation with people that didn't matter about random facts when everybody just wanted...MUSIC. I heard it on the radio, though...
The performances that got me most excited were, apart from Pink Floyd, Stevie Wonder, the Scissor Sisters, Madonna, The long and winding road, it's a shame I only got to see one song from Alicia Keys and I realized what a great song Bittersweet Symphony was.
The finale was a bit disappointing, to be honest, the songs could have been different, but I was so excited about Pink Floyd, I couldn't care any longer. And I was a bit tired of all that music. I'll be expecting a DVD or something because there was so much I didn't get to see.

1 comment:

Devil Mood said...

Hi, unfortunately I didn't get to see the Killers :( Nor Snow Patrol, or Razorlight...They're not really famous here in Portugal, so they thought it was best to talk about...useless things. But I was curious about the Killers :/