Monday, October 13, 2008

not finished yet

I'm still posting holiday photos but it feels like years ago since I was sitting here in this beach.


Tavira is a town of countless churches. If you look at the town from afar all you see is church towers. This is the largest tower.


The watch is really big and quite useful if you've forgotten your watch (and if you're not on holiday of course because then why would you want a watch?)


This is a different church in another neighbourhood and it really made me wonder if those were the priest's clothes.



This is my 2nd favourite photograph. I caught these two instruments from one of the various duos who walked around the town playing music. It was almost dinnertime and they were getting ready to start playing. I love, love, love it!



And these last two photos aren't so bad neither. I think the highlight of my photos this year was the abundance of water reflections.


And so I bid farewell to my photo posts and turn to face Autumn in all its golden splendour (ideally).


13 comments:

x said...

you were right, i would have loved it there. it's insanely beautiful. xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

~chrispito~

Shadow said...

you make me wish to go too...

Violet said...

uau......
fez me bem a alma ver estas fotos.
os reflexos na agua...... divino.

phish said...

beautiful. i loved the instruments as well. i am have been craving for a holiday for a million years now. now i am inspired to just leave.

murat11 said...

All the white stucco reminds me of the Greek islands I visited.

Anonymous said...

True to form, the night shots mesmerized me to the degree I almost missed the last photo of my sugar daddy’s mansion. Beautiful from that angle! And with the peach and variant greys on a backdrop of sky blue...c'est magnifique!

Niall young said...

I agree...i love the instrument picture too...also the last cloud picture. When you talk about not ahving a watch..it reminded me of one of the best holidays I had...when we arrived on holiday, we put our watches in our bags and never looked at them all the time we were on holiday...we ate when we were hungry and came and went as we pleased and slept when we were tired....who needs watches?

sirbarrett said...

The election was anything but green. The Greens didn't even get a seat (that's nothing new). But the NDP got more votes then usual. It was NDP (New Democratic) when the vote started, in the maritimes out east. The Liberals were leading there, then as the vote sweeped west it got more red and even more blue, Liberal and Conservative...and eventually (and respectively), we were left with the same blue Conservative government we had in the first place...I got denied at the polls at first because I didn't have a piece of mail with my address, despite having my passport and voters card. I saw someone who I worked with who vouched that I actually live in my town and it seemed like I was in...then the actual polling girl said I hadn't sworn a solemn oath, or that the lady that new me didn't swear...so I was denied. Then, in vengeance, I ran home, grabbed a piece of mail, went back and VOTED! Elections Canada can't stop me!!!

Scholiast said...

I simply love it :)

Devil Mood said...

Chloe: Insanely!

Chrispito: Yes :)

Shadow: So do I! Funny, ha?

Violet: Que bom. Saudadinhas?

Phish: Do leave but come here!

Murat: Yes, the architecture in southern Europe tends to go with white to keep the heat away. It's actually essential to survive down there.

Missasliter: Sadly the houses next to the river looked a bit sloppy and abandoned but they're so charming!

Niall: Sounds good!

SirBarrett: I'm really sorry to hear that. When I said green I didn't actually meant the green party but any party that was good news to the environment. Good for you to have faced the system and voted when nobody wanted you to. Seriously, how many more proof did they need?

Scholiast: That's great!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what wonderful photos, beautifully made and very atmospheric.

Devil Mood said...

Thank you Crafty, glad you liked them.