Monday, October 10, 2005

Q awards yesterday (?)

I didn't know the awards were already presented...didn't pay much attention to the dates.
So, here they are if you care to read them:

Special Q award: John Lennon - that's how good he was, keeps getting awards 25 years after he died.
Best New Act: James Blunt
Inspiration Award: Bjork - if you say so...
The Legend award: Joy Division - same thing I said about Lennon
Innovation in sound award: The Prodigy
Outstanding Contribution To Music Award: Paul Weller
Best act in the world today: Coldplay - consolation prize
Best Video - Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. - boring, in my humble opinion
Classic song - Ray Davies - but which song are you talking about?
Lifetime Achievement Award: Bee Gees - if you ask me, there're too many awards for the past achievements already!
Best Track: KT Tunstall - Black Horse And The Cherry Tree
Classic Songwriter Award: Nick Cave - what did I say?
Icon Award: Jimmy Page - enough already!
Birthday Honour: Michael Eavis - never heard of him
Best Producer: Demon Days – Gorillaz: Gorillaz/Danger Mouse
People's choice: Oasis - power to the people lol
Best Album: Oasis - Don't believe the truth - I don't believe this truth!
Best Live Act: U2 - can't argue with that...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about bon jovi?!?!?!?




;)

Anonymous said...

seriously... what about nirvana?

x said...

i don't believe this truth either. oasis best album? the man who looks like a monkey and sings like a donkey?

Devil Mood said...

anonymous: I think it's still a little early for bon jovi and nirvana to get those career awards but they will eventually.

Chloe: I used to like Oasis, to be honest, but this album isn't half as good as the critics put it.

Steve: yes, Coldplay are repetitive but in a good way (for me)..awards are just awards, yada yada, it's what people enjoy that counts.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »